- The Messaging API and the Retrieving list of friends API are provided for the purpose of social communication among users in your service app.
- Avoid sending automatic messages if possible. Otherwise, your app may be rejected when requesting a permission review. If you need to send automatic messages, consider Biz message.
- To send a message to the selected friends, you can use Kakao Link through the Kakao SDK. With Kakao Link, you can also send a message even to the Kakao Talk friends who are not linked to your app. Kakao Link does not require a review process.
- You must obtain permission to use the full features of the Retrieving list of friends API and Messaging API. Request permission by referring to these posts:
- Before getting permission, you can test these APIs only with the users added as the app’s team members.
- When requesting permission, test these APIs with your team member’s accounts and take a snapshot or video of the test results. Then, submit the test results for a permission review.
The Messaging API has daily quota.
Before getting permission,
- You can only send 30 messages per day to your team members.
After getting permission,
- You can send 30,000 messages per day to all friends.
- Per sender: 100
- Per recipient: 100
- Per sender/recipient pair: 20
NOTE: You can send a message to yourself without permission as many as you want (no quota limit). (For example, when requesting the Sending to me API.)
Conditions for providing friend information
- The Retrieving list of friends API is intended to retrieve the list of Kakao Talk friends of the user who is logged in the app (or web site) that you are building or operating with Kakao Account.
- Both the logged-in user and the user’s friends must log in the app.
- Both the logged-in user and the user’s friends must consent to the following scopes:
Friends List in Kakao Service(Including profile image, nickname, and favorites)
- IMPORTANT: You cannot retrieve those who have not consented to this scope even though they are the user’s Kakao Talk friends. To get consent, request additional consent.
- For more details, refer to Kakao Talk Social > Usage policy.
Step 1. Test the Retrieving list of friends API
1-2. To get your consent to the ‘Friends List in Kakao Service’ scope, log in with your account by calling the Getting authorization code and Getting tokens APIs with your REST API key. Afterthat, request additional consent to
1-3. To get team member’s consent to the ‘Friends List in Kakao Service’ scope, log in with the team member’s account by calling the Getting authorization code and Getting tokens APIs with the team member’s REST API key. Afterthat, request additional consent to
NOTE: If failed to retrieve a list of friends or an error occurs, see FAQ.
Step 2. Send a message to team members retrieved through the Retrieving list of friends API
2-1. Try sending me a message.
Step 3. Request permission
- How can I switch to a Biz app If I do not have any Business Registration Number?
- How can I switch to a Biz app if I operate an overseas company?