Request permission to use Friends API

Hi Dev Talk,(@kakao) ,
Please give me the permission for the ‘Retrieving list of friends API’ and the ‘Friend picker’,
My company has runned the business for 2 years, we service the customers by kakao channel and always send course info one by one that cost lots of time, we want to use the API to send kinds of course service notification by channel, so the permission is necissarry. please help us. I will appricate you.

APP ID: 677273

Protostar Education

Hi @protostaredu

You can test ‘Retrieving list of friends API’ and the ‘Friend picker’ without permission.
And you can request permission after completing the development of all functions.

However, the function you want is different from the function we provide.
Please check the contents below first.

Checklist to use the Messaging API and the Retrieving list of friends API

The function you want looks similar to the Biz message.
For more information on Biz messages, please contact customer center.

친구톡 | kakao 고객센터

Hi (@kakao) @tim.l
I have completed the development of all functions. Now I know we can use kakao talk as a service assistant.

Please help open the permission of the ‘Retrieving list of friends API’ and the ‘Friend picker’, I will appricate you.

The follow is all my testing:

When a user requests the list of friends, only the user’s friends who meet all of the following conditions are displayed on the friends list:

• Friend must not be hidden nor blocked.
  • Friend’s Kakao Account must be linked to your service app.
  • Friend must consent to the ‘Friends List in Kakao Service(Including profile image, nickname, and favorites)’ scope when linking to your service app.
  • Friend must set the profile to public by selecting the ‘Show my profile on Friends list’ option. Refer to Profile visibility settings.

We do not provide an open API to give all Kakao Talk friends information of a user. Because the Kakao Talk friends data is private information, we strictly require consent for the user and each friend to provide their private information to a third-party. For this reason, the target of the Retrieving list of friends API and Retrieving friends through picker API is limited to the app users , not all of the Kakao Talk friends.

Also, the message sender can only send up to 20 messages to the same user.

Do you want to understand these limitations and use the API?

Hi @woody.ho @kakao ,
YES, I understand and have already read all policy except the 20 messages limitation, but it’s ok for us and we still like to use the API.

Hi

you can request permission after completing the development of all functions.

Please request permission after completing the actual development, not the postman test.

Hi Tim,
we have already completed the actual development, but all functions are logical program and triggered by real course event, so I can only show your postman test. My company has a full process in course notification for our customer, not only in Kakao Talk ,but also in whatsApp and LINE platform.

Hello.
You cannot view all your friends using the Friends API.
It will be inquired only if your friend is connected to the developer app through Kakao login.
Do you know this?

Hi @tim.l
Yes, I know that. it needs to be authorized by friends, we will ask our customer to give us the authorize.

As the following example link:
https://kauth.kakao.com/oauth/authorize?response_type=code&client_id=483e0bce347a895a57cbf46718951daa&scope=talk_message,openid,profile_nickname,profile_image,plusfriends,friends&state=47&redirect_uri=https://www.protostaredu.com/kr/mobile/

1개의 좋아요

Permission registration completed.

Thank you.

Thanks, I appreciate it

1개의 좋아요

Hi @tim.l ,
My account mliboy(3018112926, uuid: VGZQY1RtX2hdb0N3R3FAcEZ0THVZb1hvXWpZNA) was blocked when I sent a message to my friend who was added in team of application.
Please help to unblock my account, thanks.

Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 15.05.48

KakaoTalk automatically operates user protection measures to reduce service restriction cases due to massive reports when detecting abnormal user environments.
If nothing has been detected for a sufficient time, the measures will be automatically lifted, usually within several weeks.

Cancel User Protection Measures:
Our system automatically imposes/cancels user protection measures; therefore, it is unable to notify specific protection periods or lift the measures at discretion. We sincerely ask for your kind understanding.
The user protection period may be extended if anything abnormal repeats or additional message reports are filed during the same period.