Sending messages to specific KakaoTalk user using REST API's

I am trying to send a message to a specific kakao talk user using rest API’s.

What i have so far.

1. Developer account with an App in it and all the keys associated with it.
  2. Web application to get the responses back from the API’s.
  3. I have successfully obtained the access token through which i am able to obtain profile information and is able to send messages to me(i have only single user following this account i.e. me).

What i need.

1. How to allow users to follow/add to this account.
  2. Send messages to the other users using the Kakao talk API’s.
1개의 좋아요

I am sorry to inform you that we currently do not provide REST API to follow other’s accounts and send messages. Yellow ID provides functionalities similar to what you want.

https://yellowid.kakao.com/

Visit and check out above website. What you have to note is that REST API to add/follow other’s accounts are not provided by Yellow ID, either. I believe KakaoTalk users have to manually add them on KakaoTalk. You can use auto-reply feature to send messages back to users but I don’t think you can send messages first.

While I understand these are limited functionalities, we are planning to provide richer bot API with social REST API, so stay tuned :slight_smile:

2개의 좋아요

Very useful information @anon81369599 :blush:

I wonder if there are any updates on this?

https://i.kakao.com

@anon32613290 Could you check the above site?

2개의 좋아요

Thanks a lot @anon81369599 ! I have checked it, and after a lot of steps, I applied to the Open Builder program. I have also managed to create a Friends Plus account which I needed to apply for the Open Builder program.

I am wondering, will there be a REST API for the Open Builder? I can’t find any documentation so far :flushed:

Actually, it is alright. I found it.

1개의 좋아요

I tried i,kakao,com open builder for creating user and bot conversation.

In my bot i want to send scheduled reminder to users. For example: Based on user subscription Daily morning 9 AM bot need to send reminder message like “Time to take healthy breakfast”. How to do this in kakao bot. In facebook i used broadcast API like this is there any API available for kakatalk channel.

Note: This reminder message will send only to particular user who all subscribed this reminders

Did you find anyway to send message to user using API

Is there anyway to send message from API? I couldn’t find any docs for that