Live Chat Integration with KaKaoTalk

We would like to integrate KaKaoTalk with a Call Centre application, so that Call Centre can perform live chat with their customers using KaKaoTalk. Our Call Centre application has APIs for integration and we can use those APIs to integrate with other popular messaging applications such as Facebook, WeChat, etc.

I have studied the RESTful API for KaKaoTalk and it seems that I can send message via API. May I know how our application (running on a server) read incoming messages? Where can I find more information and examples?

Also, should I always use KaKaoTalk Channel for such use case?

Thanks !

Hello,
Thank you for your interest in our service. In your case, Kakaotalk Channel or Kakaotalk Biz Message would be suitable for the requirement.
Unfortunately, our messaging API doesn’t give messages received via Kakaotalk to your application, it supports only sending.
If you can read Korean, please refer to the information of Kakaotalk Channel and Kakaotalk Biz Message on our website. The website doesn’t support the English version… I’m sorry about this. :cry:

Thanks. Actually I found that Korean site has more information than English site, and I can understand most of the content from those Korean sites with the help of Google Translate.

I studied the API documentation for KakaoTalk Channel and Messaging, and I got similar impression that I can only send, but not receive message.

Is there any other mean(s) or service(s) which I can achieve what I want to do? It could be a paid service. In fact, i found that there are 3rd party tools which seem to be able to receive messages from KaKaoTalk.

Also, how about using bot related API or SDK? Technically for someone whose can implement an automated chat bot for KakaoTalk, there must be a way to receive messages input by users.

1개의 좋아요

I checked the Web site about KakaoTalk Biz Message and it seems that the following can do what I want:

채팅 상담 API

Is it a commercial offering? FYI we are working for a project for an international company which has operations in Korea.

Yes, it is a commercial service. Please contact our agencies to learn more or to be offered the service. Their contact information is at the bottom of the same web page. And here you can find further information to use 채팅 상담 API.

I have some follow up questions:

(1) So, there is no way to achieve the use case I described with normal Kakao Talk or normal Kakao Talk Channel, right? And it has to use Kakao Biz Messenger?

(2) To subscribe for Kakao Biz Messenger, I understand that the company must have business registration in Korea => we believe our client should have as they have office(s) in Korea (but will check).

(3) How about the 채팅 상담 API? I have been told that it is opened to companies have partnership with Kakao biz messenger? So, basically we have to go through at least one of those companies listed on the Web site to get access to the API, right? In other words, even if our client has business registration in Korea and can enable Kakao Biz Messenger, if they want to use 채팅 상담 API they need to use service(s) provided by those agencies, right?

Thanks & regards,

(1) Unfortunately, no way with APIs. You understood it correctly.
(2) I think our agencies may help you in case you don’t have any business registration such as 사업자등록번호. Please check.
(3) As far as I know, the agencies help you to partner and set up the service in your requirements. After that, you can use the 채팅상담 service without their support.

Thank you.