Is it possible to integrate KakaoTalk with Intercom?

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question. Please help to move it to the correct topic is this is the wrong category. Thank you.

I would like to know if it is possible to integrate KakaoTalk with Intercom (www.intercom.com). The objective is to allow users who have started a chat in Intercom to be able to continue the chat in KakaoTalk.

The objective would be something like this:

1. User started a support chat on Intercom.

2. User then choose to continue chat session on KakaoTalk.

3. Chat is linked to user’s KakaoTalk.

4. Support team replies to the user’s message from Intercom’s inbox and the user receives the reply on his/her KakaoTalk.

5. The user use KakaoTalk to reply and the support team receives the user’s reply in the Intercom’s inbox.

Thank you.

Dear.

I’m sorry, but we don’t provide a feature to integrate messages between users into other systems. However, we do offer an API for businesses and users to exchange messages.

For one-way message delivery from the service side, we offer the “Alim Talk(알림톡)” feature. “Alim Talk(알림톡)” is provided through official dealer channels, so please refer to the following URL.

Alim Talk(알림톡) - Notification Talk: 카카오비즈니스

For communication between users and business customer centers, we offer the “Sangdam Talk(상담톡)” feature. This feature is also provided through official dealer channels, so please refer to the URL below.

Sangdam Talk(상담톡) - Consultation : 카카오비즈니스

Additionally, we also provide a chatbot service.

카카오비즈니스 - chatbot

Thank you for your reply.

Am I correct to say that Alim Talk and Sangdam Talk features can allow Intercom to send notifications or messages to KakaoTalk? But the users are not able to reply to the messages in KakaoTalk to Intercom?

Is there any open sourced codes or API from KakaoTalk that developers can use to custom build the integration?

Thank you.

We provide an API that allows receiving and responding to customer messages.
With such an API, you can integrate with your Customer Service system.

You can receive guidance on using this API through the official dealer channels mentioned above.
Conversely, you can also become an official dealer. In this case, please inquire through the Customer Center below.

딜러사 신청 | kakao 고객센터

Is the API available to everyone for free or there’s a fee payable to use it? Can I use the API without becoming an official dealer? Can I still get help on how to use the API to integrate KakaoTalk with Intercom if I’m not an official dealer? Thanks!

Unfortunately, features like “Consultation Talk” and “Notification Talk” are paid services. You must use the API provided by official dealer channels.

Thanks for the info.Just to clarify, I do not have to become a official dealer to use the API? I just need to go to the official dealers and pay to use the API provided by them?

When you mentioned “We provide an API that allows receiving and responding to customer messages.
With such an API, you can integrate with your Customer Service system.”, do you mean the API can integrate with 3rd party systems like Intercom?

You don’t necessarily need to become an official dealer. You are simply allowed to use the APIs they provide. Becoming an official dealer might be considered if you are a third party using such systems to integrate with KakaoTalk channels via Intercom. (ex, https://channel.io/ko/blog/kakao)

For more detailed information, please contact the dealer directly. They will provide guidance on the required information and the data you need to prepare.

Is it possible for us to pay for Kakaotalk to build a native integration app/API?

In DevTalk, we provide guidance on developer-related settings and APIs, so we do not have information regarding contracts and cost related to Biz Message.
I apologize for any inconvenience, but for detailed information, please inquire through the Customer Center provided earlier.