Help Needed to Send messages

Hello Everyone,

Our team is working on an integration by using which we should be able to send messages to end users on behalf of our business accounts. The end users will be the subscribers to that business account. Can someone please provide any documentation from where to start? Also, if we can create a test business account?

Thanks in Advance

Hello!

Well, I think there are two options to meet your requirement. Two options are following:

1. Biz Message(알림톡): Sending messages automatically by specific user actions(e. g. sign up, purchase, write an article, etc…), for their convenience.
  2. Kakaotalk channel(카카오톡 채널): Sending marketing messages manually when you want.(e. g. promotions, discount coupon, updates, etc…)

Which one do you want?
And I am sorry to tell you that those servieces probably don’t provide english manuals. :cry:

I am more interested to know about the Kakaotalk channel. So, I have created a channel and assigned a user (who is following that channel). Now, I am looking for APIs that can be used to send marketing messages to that channel and thus reach to my user (or all the users who are following that channel).

Thanks !

1개의 좋아요

Cool, the website that you created your channel provides functions for administrators. In this case, you don’t need to implement something to send a message unless you can understand Korean. Our kakaotalk channel APIs help you configure user groups. But you should know that Kakaotalk channel is not free.
Should you have any inquiries about the service, you may need to contact our customer center.

1개의 좋아요

Thanks Talysa. You are a great help!
I would like to share our use case so you can provide more details:
Our customers are using our application to send marketing messages to their followers/subscribers. Say, Adidas created a channel and now want to use our application to send messages to all the subscribers of that channel. So, how can we implement that message send logic? What APIs do we have?

I understand Kakaotalk channel is not free so I have created a test channel and I am the only subscriber of that channel. I would like to test APIs so I can send message to that test channel which will deliver message to me. Thanks for your help!

I guess your service is also a kind of marketing solutions and would like to provide a feature for Kakaotalk channel, right?
I can’t figure out the service, though, I need to give you more information.

With our APIs you can also send Kakaotalk messages, but it’s not for all users or subscribers.
Instead of it, Kakaotalk channel provides admin website so that administrators can send message on there.

In short:

• API : Sending Kakaotalk messages to friends, Configuring user groups on Kakaotalk channel (not sending!)
  • Kakaotalk Admin website : Sending Kakaotalk marketing messages to all subscribers or specified user groups

So our messaging API doesn’t meet your requirement. :cry:

So, is there no way to send a message to a subscriber of a business channel, via API or http connection?

This is what we are currently doing with LINE app to deliver a message to subcriber of a channel.

Thanks!

No. Because our admin website provides that function! Thanks to that, marketers also can configure and send messages without development or developer’s help.
If your company is running a integrated marketing solution that includes other companies’ services, that’s an another case to cooperate. You should contact us via this website to become a new partner of our Biz message API. That’s a different service, not open API.

Are there any documentation available for “Biz message API” ? How is it different than the Message API? and can I send message from my application to the subscriber?

Our Kakaotalk message API sends message to user’s Kakaotalk friends. No subscribers.

Unfortunately, about Biz message or Kakaotalk channel, I can’t give you more information.
You should visit this website to get to know about it.